safari ya kenya :: Day 4 :: in Mombasa

Sunday, June 15

It's Sunday. We found a place that actually serves breakfast before 9:30 a.m. Then we went to church. Very enthusiastic singing, dancing, and preaching.

During testimony time, Rodgers introduced me as the woman he loves and wants to marry. The ladies went crazy. It was awesome.

The service was very long, as usual. About 1:45, Benson, who was responsible for looking after me today, said, "Let's go get some lunch." So we went down to a little restaurant and I had pilau - rice and beef. When we got back, there were meetings in progress. We stayed for the youth fellowship (youth = single adults). They were planning what they were going to wear to a wedding in August. Then Rodgers sent us away.

Ben, Hope, and I came back to my hotel and watched TV for a few hours. Then Rod called us finally, after 6:00 and asked us to meet him for supper.

Tomorrow, we go to Malindi and the country. My hotel offered to let me keep some stuff here. So I will just take my messeger bag to the country with me. The lighter we pack for this safari, the better.

Comments

Popular Posts